· Job Description:
About the role
A Unix engineer required to deliver projects needing an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of IT technologies.
This role predominantly requires an in-depth knowledge of AIX, Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux, HPC technologies. This role adds value by implementing, to common standards, systems and hardware that are consistently stable, reliable and which deliver business benefits. This role also feeds in to the IT strategy by providing expertise and advice to Senior Stakeholders within a leveraged environment for numerous secure accounts.
What you will do:
· Implement solutions to a high standard and take responsibility for seamless transition into service of any new solution including support and handover/knowledge transfer.
· Plan and manage technical projects with respect to Client implementations and infrastructure development.
· Provide technical expertise and guidance as appropriate
· Ability to provide technical during project transition into support in order to diagnose and resolve problems and maintain service.
· Install, configure and maintain software on networked Servers.
· Adhere and contribute to design documentation to ensure implementations are completed to a satisfactory and compliant standard.
· Design and implement systems processes and standards.
· Liaise with other IT support teams and clients where necessary to verify technical solutions and ensure the successful integration of new systems infrastructure.
Your experience will include:
· Experienced working in Midrange environment with a least 5 years in a Project Role
· Must have analytical skills and be able to solve technical problems across different platforms.
· Exposure to Solaris, RedHat, AIX,
· Project/Implementation experience to tight timescales
· Experience of IT security, Patching, (BigFix)
· Experience in remote deployment technologies, (Ansible)
· Experience of Virtualization technologies
· Experience of LDAP
· Experience supporting and implementing a large Midrange estates (Server & Desktop)
· Exposure of supporting, deployment of storage technologies – NetBackup, HDS, Dell-EMC
Exposure to scripting through Automation