· Job Description:
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visitwww.dxc.com .
The Digital Transformation Centres (DTC) are expanding rapidly to meet the demand for agile driven solutions from our extensive customer base. Market leaders in offering creative, rapid and cost efficient solutioning to a multitude of business and process needs, the DTC is the ‘thinktank’ where this work is born, much of it is first of type, proof of concept innovation projects. A hub for pushing the boundaries, where innovation is encouraged and applauded, we seek to boost out team numbers from the very best and passionate staff in the UK digital market.
This is an opportunity to join a new team working with a DXC partner to extend and then implement a proven transport management solution in the UK and European market.
· Can-do, will-do attitude
· Hunger to learn new technologies and methodologies
· Strong problem solving, analytical and logical skills
· Excellent team & communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to develop robust Enterprise solutions within timelines
· Solid understanding of software design principles and best practices
· Ability to travel for 12 weeks training with DXC partner in continental Europe
· Enterprise cloud application development with Java
· Implementing interfaces between the core system and related systems
· Full life cycle from discovery to Live with Agile and DevOps ways of working
· API design and development
· Test and Domain Driven Development
· Selecting appropriate design patterns and involvement in setting standards
Essential skills & experience:
· Application configuration and implementation
· Enterprise scale application development in a regulated environment
· Experience of complex systems with multiple interfaces
· Solid knowledge of SQL and data management
Desirable Skills & Experience:
· Eclipse RCP (Rich Client Platform)
· OSGi (Open Service Gateway Initiative)
· Experience with high performance complex systems operating in real time
· Strong customer facing and communication skills
· Strong system analysis and design skills
· Agile delivery utilising Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies
· Shell Scripting and Linux
· HTML & CSS
· Tibco Rendezvous
· Oracle Coherence/Hazlecast
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role.
DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.