· Job Description:
About DXC Technology:
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visitwww.dxc.com
We are currently hiring SAP Basis Engineer, with 5+ years of experience to work at our Galway office. All our engineers require a good level of analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to run issues from start and take on the varying requirements of project while being client focused with a high standard of communication and documentation skills.
The successful candidate will provide 3rd Level technical support, design, consultation and technical leadership.
They will also be responsible for service level aspects of customer delivery in line with an agreed Statement of Work and Service Level Objectives. They will contribute to customer service reviews are responsible for presenting recommendations regarding capacity and performance. They are also responsible for ensuring that all changes meet production criteria, liaise with resource involved in carrying out of changes (including the customer) and acting as first point of escalation for customer delivery issues.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Work with specifications to design, implement, and maintain high availability and secure application services
· Install, configure, and support 24x7 mission critical enterprise applications that include SAP ECC, PI, PO, BI, GRC, Portal, Fiori, HANA
· Administer platform management and automation applications that include Solution Manager, Epi-Use
· Implement policies and procedures to maintain best practices
· Perform system copies, refreshes, and system copies
· Adhere to compliance, data governance, and security policies
· Independently debug and resolve complex application issues and problems
· Develop and update scripts used to automate tasks and processes
· Administration of performance tuning and optimization, provisioning, data migration, virtualization, replication, etc
· Cluster and high availability setup in a multi data center environment
· Backup and general hardware design, setup and configuration
· HANA and different relational database management system (RDBMS), Storage
· Ability to troubleshoot, analyse and resolve incidents and service requests including coordination with various groups
· Ability to implement and execute change requests completely and accurately as aligned
· Ability to provide RCAs for service improvements, error documentation, workaround and resolution plans
· Additional skills/competencies as required by the account
· Able to lead and co-train other Storage/Platform resources
· Provides comprehensive and quality support for all technical, process-related and escalation activities
· 5+ years of Experience in similar role.
· Technically fluent in Windows and/or UNIX operating systems
· Knowledgeable in backup and infrastructure design/implementation
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred.
· Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work and multitask.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· SAP: NetWeaver (including EP, PI, CRM, BW, BI), Solution Manager
· Database: Oracle, MSSQL, MaxDB, DB2, Sybase, HANA, S4-HANA
· Storage: HP, EMC, IBM, 3PAR, NetApp, SUN, Cisco
· Operating System: Windows, HP-UX, Linux, AIX, Solaris
· Infrastructure: Hardware, Network (Cloud included)
· Experience working with virtual technologies.
· Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers.
· Basic skills in integrating distributed computing hardware and software systems.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Office environment.
· May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work.