· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Contributes to test planning, scheduling, and managing test resources; leads formal test execution phases on larger projects.
· Defines test cases and creates integration and system test scripts and configuration test questionnaires from functional requirement documents.
· Executes functional tests and authors significant revisions to test materials as necessary through the dry run and official test phases. Maintains defect reports and updates reports following regression testing.
· Adheres to and advocates use of established quality methodology and escalates issues as appropriate.
· Understands the functional design of software products / suites being tested and their underlying technologies to facilitate authoring testware, diagnosing system issues, and ensuring that tests accurately address required business functionality. Clarifies ambiguous areas with technical teams.
· Applies basic industry and functional area knowledge related to the software product being tested and applicable regulatory statutes to determine whether system components meet business specifications.
· Develops specified testing deliverables over the lifecycle of the project.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, engineering, management information systems, or computer science, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of software testing experience
· Experience working with developing testware from functional design documents and executing testware against a schedule and in compliance with a methodology
· Experience working with configuration management, defect tracking, query tools, software productivity tools, and templates used to create test scripts, trace matrices, etc.
· Experience working with software product testing and applicable regulatory statutes
· Good organization, people management and time management skills
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Good communication skills to interact and present findings to team members
· Good planning skills
· Good consulting skills; can effectively interact with client during project team teleconferences and on-site meetings
· Ability to write lengthy procedural, step-based narrative test materials including the necessary testbed set-up steps
· Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a global professional team that may be distributed across geographies and time zones
· Ability to complete assigned responsibilities independently in a given timeframe with minimal managerial and technical support
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require evening or weekend work