Global Alliances team - Advisory Systems Engineer
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Global Alliances Team at Dell, we are looking for an Advisory Systems Engineer to join our team in the UK to cover the EMEA region.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
· Provides technology and strategic leadership and direction to customers, partners and internal account teams, working closely with all parts of Dell Technologies businesses.
· Creates and communicates an account technology plan which includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
· Researches and communicates technology, industry and market trends and provides guidance on their application to customers and partners, as well as feedback of business requirements back into Dell EMC's engineering and marketing organizations. Researches competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections.
· Builds and shares frameworks based on successful GTM sales campaigns across the business and help drive customer demand.
· Expands sphere of influence through coaching and mentoring.
· Leads solution-focused communities within the Presales organization in UKI.
· Relevant domain experience: either selling experience or implementation/hands-on/architecture experience (in vendor, partner, customer or SP).
· Thrives on collaboration, team player with a strong drive to succeed as a team.
· Able to engage with and influence key customer decision makers: from CxO level to enterprise architects, application owners and development teams, and LOB functions working down to the Private Cloud teams, bridging the gap between the customer ITSM and DevOps cultures
· Financial: understanding of financial aspects of IT which include but is not limited to; planning, capital & operating expenses, and asset capitalization is beneficial.
· Ability to understand various business models and make connections to how IT can support and ultimately bring profitably to the company.
· Working knowledge of cloud models (Paas, Saas) including virtualization, converged infrastructure, and public offerings.
· Strong understanding of IT operations, people, and process management.
· VMware VTSP/VCP and EMC Cloud Architect and/or Big Data Proven certifications desired.
· Broad IT experience in appropriate technology fields, for example systems management, programming, virtualization etc.
· Knowledge or certification in ITIL, TOGAF, or similar qualification desired.
· Experience with India based System Integrators is a plus
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Read ourEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering Remote Job ID: R28123