At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Temporary Graveyard Production Supervisor in City of Industry.
This shift is from 5PM- 5AM and pays $34/hr. Days off Sunday/ Monday
The production supervisor manages production and/or processing operations and makes sure all products and processed products coming off the line have the highest quality possible. Communicates closely with previous shift supervisor, incoming shift supervisor, production manager, and employees on production progress and pursue any problems that arise. Displays leadership abilities that help empower line employees, leads, supervisors, and managers to performance levels that contribute to the achievement of corporate, plant, and individual goals. Creates, develops, and executes strategic plans to hit plant goals and objectives set by production manager. Implements and follows all safety procedures as stated in MOS, GMP, safety standards, and code of ethics.
· Works closely with all associates directly assigned to the aseptic and/or ESL and/orProcessing production teams as well as associates in the Logistics, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Continuous Improvement, Process Teams, and Human Resource departments.
· Conducts plant tours every two hours, reading multiple instruments, and noting any discrepancies. If any discrepancies are found, communicates with employees, and Operations Leader for root cause of problem. If needed, creates action teams with appropriate associates, and provides leadership in restoring problems that may arise
· Inputs data found from plant tour and explanations of downtime of processes into DSR database.
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment for all employees and visitors. Ensures all safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics are followed by employees, supervisors, customers, and visitors at all times.
· Is able to problem shoot, problem solve, and root-cause analysis with employees’ concerns and questions.
· Communicates Standard Operating Procedures and plant rules to all production team members and ensures that they are implemented and strictly adhered to. When necessary, schedules employee safety CBT’s.
· Ensures that only the highest quality products are produced, not only in the product itself, but in processing, packaging, coding, appearance, and every other indicator.
· Attends appropriate meetings including preventive maintenance meetings.
· Attends appropriate Union meetings and is able to justify managerial actions toemployees,Union Stewards, and Union Leaders.
· Monitors annual production budget set by operations manager.
· Meets production rates and yield as specified by the operations’ goals.
· Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably in engineering, business, food science or related field.
· Experience with leading teams in a high paced manufacturing environment preferred.
· Prior consumer packaging experience preferred.
· Planning, scheduling and project management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to develop spreadsheets, understand product formulas and percentages, calculate figures, proportions, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to read data from charts, graphs, and instruments, and find digressions.
· Strategic ability to create, design, and implement improvements to current procedures.
· Able to think quickly on their feet, especially in emergency situations.
· Can direct or participate in project management from concept to closure, including
· Able to add and complete work of other production supervisors as needed.
· Knows all the safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics and follows them strictly at all time.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
· Occasionally required to lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to distinguish colors accurately
· Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
· Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
· Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
· Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
· Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, oils, and wearing a respirator.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.