Job Title: Lab Technician
Salary: Competitive/ Benefits include pension, private healthcare, income protection etc
We currently have an opportunity for a Lab Technician, working on a rotating shift pattern (06:00 to 14:00 / 14:00 to 22:00).
The function of a Lab Technician is to systematically and according to fixed procedures execute controls on raw materials, on semi-finished products, on the process and on finished products in order to detect all non-conformities.
You will be able to work using your own initiative, have the ability to prioritise and think ahead with strong communication skills and be able to solve technical and complex problems.
The following qualifications/skills are required:
· Degree qualified or equivalent
· Knowledge of good lab techniques and physico-chemical analyses; knowledge of microbiological analyses is a plus
· Be able to communicate in written and verbal English
· Experience of working in a lab environment within a food manufacturing environment is desirable
· Have an awareness of food allergen & basic food hygiene
· Working knowledge of IT systems such as MS Office
· Be available and fit for a rotating shift pattern: week 1 06:00 to 14:00, week 2 14:00 to 22:00
This Role Offers:
You will be joining a dynamic, winning team, with a keen focus on delivering in the safest way possible. You will be responsible for performing quality controls according to fixed methods and procedures, by taking and preparing samples and perform standard analyses while observing the fixed working methods. You will process the analysis results (in SAP or Excel), reporting these results and non-conformities to stakeholders and calibrating all necessary instruments according to fixed methods and procedures.
We are the market leader in an ever expanding category. We have record breaking teams within the Alpro group and are very proud of our successes. All operational roles are instrumental to the Team winning in all areas, especially Health and Safety.
If you think this role might be of interest, click on the link above to apply and you'll be redirected to the Danone website, or you can contact our recruiter (Hannah Appleton) to discuss the role further. The closing date for applications is 21st August 2020. All applications must be submitted online; if you require assistance on how to apply online, please contact the HR department for assistance.
You can find further details about us, and other potential roles at www.alpro.com