Sr. Network Test Engineer, Automation
Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing
- Job Id1232243
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks a Software Engineer to define, design and build a flexible, scalable framework for your new data center network with Cisco Nexus Switches. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn a wide range of the core Layer 2 technologies. This is an excellent opportunity to join Cisco's latest acquisition in the Data Center space. The job involves working on a state of the art storage product. We are looking for people who strive in a dynamic start like environment. The work involves design and development in customized networking environment for some key system software. You will be part of a fast paced team responsible for delivering quality code for large complex systems requirements.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation data center switch product family, with emphasis in the layer 2 protocols area. Define, architect, design, and deliver new software protocols and features for the Nexus platform. Work also involves providing constant feedback to hardware and software teams for improvements. Write complete functional and design specs.
Who You'll Work With
Data Center Networking Group is developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility. Data Center also developed a 40G Ethernet transceiver designed to drastically lower the price of 40G optics to better compete with other competitor switches.
The future of networking with ACI is about providing a network that is deployed, monitored, and managed in a fashion that supports DevOps and rapid application change. ACI does so through the reduction of complexity and a common policy framework that can automate provisioning and managing of resources.
As we realize our globalization strategies and move in to new markets, our diverse, inclusive culture also builds a competitive advantage for Cisco. It ensures we have the fresh ideas and execution capabilities and the local knowledge we need to best serve our customers and build our presence around the globe. By gaining a better understanding of the world and the differences in its people we can change the way it works, lives, plays, and learns.
Role and Responsibilities
Play a key role on the CISCO Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) team, as a Software Engineer working in a startup like fast pace high growth and visibility environment developing a key Cisco Datacenter Solution, as a key part of one of Cisco's Top 5 priority initiative, with a compelling User Experience (UE), high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility and quality.
- ·5 plus years of experience with embedded Software testing experience.
- ·Experience in testing modular routers/switches (distributed architecture) is required
- ·Experience in testing Layer 2/3 with NXOS and Nexus platforms is a plus
- ·Participate in functional/design specification review
- ·Experience creating test plans for platform/infrastructure areas
- ·Experience building Testbeds and executing test plan Testing and logging defects
- ·Automating the test plan using Python/Tcl/Perl
- ·In depth understanding of Layer 2 & Layer 3 protocols (STP, BGP, OSPF, V4 & V6)
- ·Experience in testing Layer 3 forwarding (hardware tables) is a plus
- ·BSCS/CE is required MSCS/CE is preferred.
- ·Strong problem solving/analytical & trouble shooting skills
- ·Has strong motivation to work in agile environment with ability to ramp up fast
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.