Cisco Advanced Services seeks an Architect to help customers maximize network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The architectdelivers the technologies, solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems.
- Performs analysis of highly complex network designs.
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- The architect may perform any of the following components of the role breakdown depending on specific engagements:
Transactional Projects Project Engineering role:
Generates standard project documentation including detailed test plan for highly complex networks.
Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks.
Supports pre-sales activity for highly complex networks.
Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity.
Transactional Projects Project Consulting role:
- Leads design workshop.
- Proactive Service & Support
- Assists customer with deployment and strategy of highly complex tools and related Network Management Systems
Network Optimization Consulting role:
- Leads the whole architecture of network/Datacenter building and compliance for the customer
- Create network/Datacenter optimization plan and help the customer to implement it
- Promote our value to the customer with outcome
Reactive Service & Support:
- Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies.
- Acts as a focal point for highly complex network problem resolution.
Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent plus 6-8 years relevant experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Expert level knowledge in TWO of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching, Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, DCN, Optical, IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Preferred experience in DCN Technologies (Server Load Balancing (SLB), WAN Optimization, SAN, HTTP, MPLS, and Data Center Networking Design)
- Programming Skills such as Java, Python, Perl, C, C++
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- Ability to undertake support as designated Advanced Services engineer for large-scale networks.
- Must possess strong technical account management skills.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Professional Services or high-level support.
- Large-scale network design skills.
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
CCIE is strongly preferred.