Description de l'offre
What You'll Do
You're extremely motivated Software Engineer and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
Knowledge of designing large-scale systems in C/C++ environments.
- Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is a requirement.
- In-depth experience in designing networking systems with L2, L3 and multicast background
- Wireless background is desirable. Knowledge of 802.11 standard.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation WAP and Wireless Controller. Define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features for the Wireless Controller Day to day activities will involve building new features, understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
Who You'll Work With
The Wireless Networking Group (WNG) is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a proven track record in building innovative wireless solutions. We are looking for passionate and dedicated java application developers who can design, develop and wireless apps for intent based networking and closed loop assurance of the network.
Do you enjoy spearheading innovation through personal initiative? Would it excite you to be part of a highly motivated best of breed engineering team who is redefining and refreshing the software portfolio for Cisco's Wireless access points? Would you like to challenge yourself in driving a key technology transition in the Wireless Industry while working the market leader? Would you cherish to develop code using the most modern development methods using a test driven development focus? Can you demonstrates the ability to develop software with a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component, work with minimal supervision, collaborate with a multi-functional team and demonstrates technical knowledge and project management experience to accomplish the goals.
You are a Software engineer with 5+ years of experience with BS/MS in computer systems, software and architecture.
- Expertise in 802.11 a, b/g, n protocols
- Understanding of LAN/WAN routing/switching and other network layer protocols
- You possess the aptitude to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- You have at least 3 years of development experience
- You are good with writing distributed platform and system software
- Deep understanding of Linux and network resource management
- You are an excellent C programmer and possess strong analytical and logical solving skills
- You have a knowledge of the network protocol stack, including L2 switching and IP Routing, TCP/IP
- Prefer strong skills in Python/Perl scripting Desired Skills:
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate You should be able to own large portions of the software from a technical perspective
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship. Have experience in customer deployment.
- interpersonal and communication skills.
- team building skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
- We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.