Are you excited by the challenge of protecting people against advanced computer security threats? Do you have the programming skills and experience to improve the advanced detection capabilities of our cloud security platform?
Who You'll Work With
Billions of times a day, computers around the world communicate with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud and rely on the AMP product to protect them against advanced forms of malware. Some malware is straightforward to identify, but antivirus has done that forever. Our customers need protection against malware that's tricky to identify:
- Viruses that generate different binaries on every machine they infect
- Things that seem benign until you start looking closely at their behavior
- Malicious programs that have invented new ways of hiding themselves
To make the problem even more interesting: it may only become clear after a few days that a program or behavior was malicious. Does that sound fun to you?
The integrations team is responsible for working with various products to integrate into and maintain harmony with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud.
What You'll Do
The integrations group, based in Calgary, works with product teams around the world. This opportunity will allow you to configure, test, and upgrade multiple Cisco products that integrate with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud; continuously monitor these integrations for changes in behavior, outages; and provide thought leadership on improving integrations.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. You're passionate about testing and enjoy collaborating in a team-based environment. You have fun learning new technologies. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and make a difference. You're someone who doesn't give up when faced with complex problems.
- You have a background in developing and maintain internal tools for automated functional and performance testing
- Have a solid understanding of different types of testing and test cases
- You enjoy working with teams through the design and development process
- 1+ year(s) experience in installing, upgrading, and performing basic administration of ESA, WSA, ISE, and/or Firepower devices.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux/Unix platforms with bash programming and strong command-line skills
- Experience in networking: Firewall configuration, VLANs, Subnetting, etc. Prefer Cisco certification.
- Programming in Perl, Python and/or Ruby
- 5+ years of experience in IT Administration or Cybersecurity or Software development
- At least 1 experience in a Quality Assurance or Test role
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status