Software QA Engineer
Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
- Job Id1243806
An integrated part of Data Center organization, the Data Center Network Manager team is responsible for monitoring and automating the management of Cisco's Nexus portfolio. The DCNM team is looking for a strong test engineer with experience of both networking and GUI testing, that will elevate the experiences of our global customers, improve the existing management system, and work to define future goals for improvement and development.
You will be executing job responsibilities as a Software Engineer in testing and automating Networking Software features for Data Center Business Unit.
• Automating switch and software controller testing using Python and Selenium.
• Review PRD, SFS, and create Test plans, and any customer facing documentation.
• Execute software tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
• Work with Development, Marketing, Customer facing teams ensuring quality for software feature delivery.
• Understand/Implement Data center architecture in testing topologies.
• Implement networking concepts understanding for testing telemetry, programmability technologies.
• Engagement in Early Field Trials and Customer POC's as needed.
• Closely work with field/customer facing teams to incorporate feedback into internal test phases / build standard methodologies.
Who You'll Work With
Data Center Networking Group is developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility. Data Center also developed a 40G Ethernet transceiver designed to drastically lower the price of 40G optics to better compete with other competitor switches.
The future of networking is about providing a network that is deployed, monitored, and managed in a fashion that supports rapid application change. DCNM does so through the reduction of complexity and a framework that can automate provisioning and managing of resources.
As we realize our globalization strategies and move in to new markets, our diverse, inclusive culture also creates a competitive advantage for Cisco. It ensures we have the fresh ideas and execution capabilities and the local knowledge we need to best serve our customers and build our presence around the globe. By gaining a better understanding of the world and the differences in its people we can change the way it works, lives, plays, and learns.
Who You Are
• Experience in testing Networking technologies such as L2/L3, Vxlan. Preferably understanding of OAM, Telemetry, Data Center Spine/Leaf architecture, Programmability (REST/NETCONF/OC etc.).
• Experience in testing GUI products.
• At least 1 year experience in automation with scripting languages such as Tcl, Python, Selenium, preferably good understanding of Cisco pyATS infrastructure.
• UI automation a plus.
• 2-3 years experience in using 3rd party test tools such as Ixia, Spirent etc. Experience automating using APIs on the 3rd party tools is a plus.
• Good problem solving and software troubleshooting skills
• Hands on experience in building testbeds, scope testing effort using technical judgements with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group.
• Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco