Software Manager - CloudSecurity
Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1232013
Who we are
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
What we do
The Cloud Security group focuses on developing solutions that provide Security as a Service to our customers. This group was formed recently by combining Cisco’s existing cloud assets with two hugely successful acquisitions - OpenDNS and CloudLock. Our vision is to build the most comprehensive security solutions that are also easy to deploy and simple to manage. We are at the initial stages of this journey and looking for a passionate and innovative engineering leader to help realize this vision. A one stop shop to help secure an enterprise’s users and their data.
Why is cloud security relevant? Because today's world has changed. The way we work has fundamentally changed. There is more roaming users than ever with rapid growth of BYOD. Business applications have moved to cloud. Enterprise's critical infrastructure has been moving to the cloud. The notion of traditional perimeter based security is being disrupted. Since users, apps and infrastructure have all moved to cloud, security must too. Welcome to the team of geeks passionate about solving this very problem and making world a better place…a secure place.
We have a highly scalable cloud infrastructure spread across 25 data centers where we run our cloud security applications that operate at massive scale - 100B+ requests per day from 65M daily active users.
What You'll Do
- Lead a SaaS engineering team based in San Jose to build new cloud delivered security services that help protect an organization’s web traffic.
- Work with other engineering teams to integrate Cisco’s portfolio of security products and intelligence into the cloud solution.
- Focus on delivering value to customers early, often and continuously.
- Establish a team with a build it, operate it and secure it mindset.
- Craft a culture of execution excellence coupled with innovation.
Who You Are
- 12+ years of industry experience in software product based companies
- 2-5 years of hands on experience in Engineering Management
- Experience developing cloud based applications and expertise in Microservices Architecture, tools like Kubernetes andPaaSplatforms such as AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Deep understanding of Internet security issues and the threat landscape. Familiarity with security protocols like TLS, IPSec, GRE highly desirable.
- Experience with programming in C++, Java, GoLang, Python etc highly desirable.
- Relish the opportunity to stay close to technology by deep diving into product design and code as and when required.
Your Educational Qualification
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.