Who we are
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team at Cisco drives the technology that's transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As a software engineer, you will be a key member of the Container team, which is responsible for the design, development, and operation of our container orchestration platform and API that CIE relies upon to deliver solutions to our customers. This is a small team that does big things, providing secure orchestration as a Service, and blurring the lines between physical data centers and cloud providers such as AWS.
We're an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco—balancing collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation—to deliver the most effective solution to our customers' problems. The unrivaled mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco's industry dominance eclipses what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
Who You'll Work With
The experience of members of the Container team cuts across all layers of the stack. We are a team that encourages learning and experimentation. Our customers are engineers in the organization, who we value above all else. We pride ourselves in seeing them succeed by making use of our platform. We work closely with other teams within CIE to build core Internet infrastructure, security applications, and distributed systems at scale.
As a member of this team, you will work with other engineers to develop solutions to extend and enhance the services offered by the platform. You'll play an important role throughout the entire lifecycle of a feature, from conception to development to deployment to operation. You will also have the opportunity to interact with customers, to better understand how we can evolve the best suite of orchestration tools possible.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Design, build and operate highly available, distributed micro-services used by engineering
- Collaborate with software and infrastructure engineering teams to design solutions to enable them
- Learn the ins and outs of supporting a cloud platform running 24x7 production services
- Deploy applications worldwide
- Fine-tune the configuration and enhance the performance of a number of systems alongside with your team members
- Evolve our continuous integration and deployment pipelines
The team could be a good fit for you if:
- You have some experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, and/or
- You are interested in building solid applications in a variety of languages (Golang, Python…), and/or
- You have some experience with Infrastructure as Code processes and tools, especially terraform;
- You enjoy solving systems and applications issues various layers in the stack as they arise;
- You have built or deployed applications using cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, Docker Cloud…);
- You love learning;
- You are passionate about building solutions with security in mind;
- You like being a valued member of a cooperative team.
Our interview process
One of the aspects of job searching that's always nerve wrecking is the interview process. To help reduce that stress, our process is fairly straight forward and we aim to be as transparent as possible with it. The process is as follows:
- 30 minute call with the hiring manager;
- 4 hours of interviews with the team on-site or remotely;
- 1 awesome collaborative coding challenge.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.