Lead Software Engineer - Routing Escalations
Description de l'offre
- Location:Milpitas, California, US
- Additional Location(s)San Jose
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
- Job Id1236516
Who We Are
Cisco seeks talented Engineers to join the Enterprise Network Routing Escalations Team to support platforms that cover a $15B portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have (equivalent of) NOC and/or TAC Technical Support experience, Technical skills corresponding to CCNA/CCNP/CCIE level, outstanding customer skills and a very strong desire to learn and develop technically. Strong working knowledge in IP Routing is required.
Who You’ll Work With
In this role you will gain insight into the detailed functionality of Cisco products, with particular emphasis on Cisco Enterprise Routing portfolio (ASR1k, ISR4k, ENCS, CSR Cloud Services Router, CSP Cloud Services Platform, Viptela IWAN, SDWAN). You will be exposed to all of EN Enterprise Routing services and technologies and will have a significant influence in driving improvements.
What You’ll Do
* Analyze, configure and troubleshoot networks with mixed Routing Platforms and protocols.
* Effectively create and utilize lab setups to duplicate and solve problems, validate planned changes to software and hardware design.
* Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve issues
* Follow-through on all Incident tickets assigned to you and their resolution
* Engage DE Developers, DT Dev-Test, Marketing and TAC for assistance on complex issues support
* Manage Customer Sentiment and be the single voice Managing the Escalation driving a team of engineers to Quick Resolution. Provide written and verbal updates to wider Cisco Support team and customer as needed.
* Strictly adhere to processes related to tickets update with meaningful and correct notes
* On Call Rotation Weekend Priority support for P1's
* Effectively work with cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues.
* Drive for continuous learning, results orientation and teamwork.
* Successful candidates will have deep technical skills and a data-driven approach to problem solving, coupled with good project management background to manage escalations.
Who You Are
*Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software/Electrical Engineering, or a related major + 3-5 years related experience
* You have a willingness to learn Routing Technology based on Cisco: ASR1k, ISR4k, ENCS, CSR Cloud Services Router, CSP Cloud Services Platform, Viptela IWAN, SDWAN Software Defined Networks
* Knowledge of IP technologies
* Able to identify problems, acquire ownership and deliver solutions at a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Proven crisis management and leadership skills
* Proven planning, prioritization and organization skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco