Software Engineer - Master's (Intern) – United States
Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Additional Location(s)Seattle, WA - RTP, NC - San Francisco, CA - Richardson, TX - Austin, TX - Fulton, MD - Cambridge, MA - Boxborough, MA - Richfield, OH - Alpharetta, GA
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeIntern
- Technology InterestInternet of Everything
- Job Id1231194
What You'll Do
Design, develop, tackle problems, and debug software programs for enhancements and new products. Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Analyze hardware compatibility and/or influences on hardware design. Areas of available positions: Applications Development, Database Development, Embedded Networking and OS Development, IT, Security, Test & Quality, Web Services
Who You Are
- Currently pursuing a master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Who You'll Work With
Our Software Engineers work in various business units - Engineering, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Services, Security and Trust. Follow this link to find out more about these different business groups within Cisco! https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/about/careers/university-programs/index.html
Play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and craft solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
At Cisco, each person brings their unrivaled talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
#univservsecjobs #univsoftwarejobs #SupplyChain #Services #Sales #Engineering #STO #IT #SoftwareOps #SoftwareEngineer #ComputerScience #Security @ciscocareers @ciscouniversity
This position is available to Master's level Students. Positions are located East Coast, West Coast and Central US. Not all positions offer sponsorship or are available at all locations. Relocation is available for some locations and or positions.