Description de l'offre
- Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
- Job Id1233421
Who You'll Work With
Billions of times a day, computers around the world communicate with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud and rely on the AMP product to protect them against advanced forms of malware. Some malware is straightforward to identify, but antivirus has done that forever. Our customers need protection against malware that's tricky to identify:
- Viruses that generate different binaries on every machine they infect
- Things that seem benign until you start looking closely at their behaviour
- Malicious programs that have invented new ways of hiding themselves
To make the problem even more interesting: it may only become clear after a few days that a program or behavior was malicious. Does that sound fun to you?
The AMP Data Team is responsible for running advanced malware identification algorithms on incoming event data streams and storing and indexing that data. We index that data both for future detailed investigations of malware incidents and run applications on a stream of data to identify such malicious behaviour. We strive for sub-second processing latencies in our streaming platforms and databases as they handle data volumes of >100TB/month and growing.
Do you love learning and working with technologies like the following?
If using those to help improve computer security sounds exciting, this is the place for you.
What You'll Do
Our team is looking for a Software Automated Test Developer who will understand different application/system behaviour and help put automation in place to run regression tests. You will be writing lot of automation to validate end-to-end functionality of various systems in isolation and at scale.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, result driven and engaged individual and enjoy collaborating in team-based environment. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and make a difference. You are someone who doesn't give up when faced with complex problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 2-5 years of experience in a software development or testing role
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Experience to develop and maintain automation framework, libraries and internal tools for functional and performance testing
- Understanding of writing requirements, test scenarios and defect tracking through its lifecycle
- Able to identify test cases and what to automate
- Work closely across teams through the design and development process
Nice to have
- Certification in testing
- Experience in automation test development using Python or Ruby
- Experience with white box testing
- Testing and/or configuration of security products
- Production experience with distributed databases like Mongo and Cassandra
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM).
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.