Software Engineer in Test
Description de l'offre
- Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Additional Location(s)remote
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
- Job Id1243028
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Threat Response simplifies security investigations and incident response. It aggregates threat intelligence, enriches that intelligence with context of an organization, and shows where and how customers are affected by malware threats. We are a globally distributed team of developers working on Cisco Threat Response utilizing advanced sources of threat intelligence to give our customers a powerful tool to investigate, detect and respond to attacks on their organizations.
Do you love learning and working with technologies like the following?
- TCP/IP networks and security devices
- REST APIs
If using those to help improving computer security sounds exciting, this is the place for you.
What You'll Do
Our team is looking for a Software Test Developer who will understand the complex interactions between a cloud application and local network security devices. The role involves setup and maintenance of devices in a lab environment used for testing the application end-to-end as well as developing automated tests for verification and regression testing.
You will be writing lot of automation to validate end-to-end functionality of various systems in isolation and at scale.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, result driven and engaged individual and enjoy collaborating in team-based environment. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and make a difference. You are someone who doesn't give up when faced with complex problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 2-5 years of experience in a software development or testing role
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networks and devices
- Experience with virtualized environments (Vmware ESX)
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Experience to develop and maintain automated tests, libraries and internal tools for functional and performance testing
- Understanding of writing requirements, test scenarios and defect tracking through its lifecycle
- Able to identify test cases and what to automate
- Work closely across teams through the design and development processes
Nice to have
- Experience with Vmware ESX
- Testing and/or configuration of security products
- Good understanding of different network protocols and DNS
- Experience with performance testing
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.