Description de l'offre
- Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Additional Location(s)Vancouver, Calgary
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeNew Graduate
- Technology Interest*None
- Job Id1239906
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for improvements and new products
- Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools
- Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences on hardware design
- Available positions in the areas of: Applications Development, Database Development, Embedded Networking and OS Development, IT, Security, Test & Quality, Web Services
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with those that play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Invent, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Recent graduate or on your final year of studies toward a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
#univservsecjobs #univsoftwarejobs #SupplyChain #Services #Sales #Engineering #STO #IT #SoftwareOps #SoftwareEngineer #ComputerScience #Security @WeAreCisco
Techies, here is your lab! The Engineering Student and New Graduate Program is available to interns, co-ops, and new grads students who have a passion for all things tech. If your development interests are in the areas of Enterprise Software, Applications, IoT, Security, Data Center, Cloud, AI, or Hardware, one of our Engineering Groups is the place for you! Our New Graduate Program is customized to fit your interests with networking events and professional development opportunities across all technology groups. Find out more about our Engineering Business Groups and University Program by following the link: https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/about/careers/university-programs/index.html#engineering
This position is available to Bachelor's and Master's level Students. Not all positions offer sponsorship or are available at all locations. Relocation is available for some locations and or positions.