Software Engineer-Enterprise Security routing What You'll Do Role and Responsibilities Who You'll Work With Who You Are Minimum Qualifications Why Cisco
Description de l'offre
You're a bright and motivated Software engineer to join the Enterprise Routing platform development team. You'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments in industry leading Cisco routing security team. You will be working on various security features on Cisco routers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Key developer in a project team of tasked with delivering Security solutions for SDWAN and Enterprise Routing customers.
- Design and develop software for Router Security solution that aids various deployment modes to on Cisco's routing products.
- Operate in process driven methodologies with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
- Contribute to functional specifications and product roadmap
- Lead development of subsystems. Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly. Deep understanding and proficiency in developing networking data path.
- Should be familiar with CPU architectures
- Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required.
- You are motivated, driven and a teammate. You should be willing to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills are important.
Who You'll Work With
Enterprise Routing has one of the most successful businesses within Cisco. The Integrated Services Router is a deeply successful platform that has over 85% market share. We’re the Security team in Enterprise routing is responsible of crafting and developing the security features like Firewall, IPS/IDS, URLF and other advances secured features on routers.
Who You Are
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 1-2 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 2-4 yrs related experience
- Experience in C, C++ and other modern programming languages/technologies
- Experience with other scripting languages such as Perl, TCL/TK and Python is desirable.
- Experience with writing data plane for various Network Processors is plus
- Good knowledge in Network Security domain and deployments highly desirable
- In-depth understanding of layer-3, layer-4 technologies and services are strongly preferred.
- Experience with Embedded OS, Linux experience is a plus
- Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
- Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.