What You'll Do
You are a self starter who isn't afraid to dive in and work your way a large code base. You believe in building software that has easy to use APIs, simple to maintain dependencies and well-defined software layers. You are able to set an example for the team because you have high standard the code you develop. You can collaborate with other teams to ensure that the overall system achieves the highest level of performance and scalability without compromise maintainability. Finally, but not last, is that you lead by example with your easy-going personality to facilitate technical discussions to reach a conclusion without making anything personal.
You're a Software Engineer with of knowledge in Linux, IPC, open- source tools and technologies to build world-class OS infrastructure for its product lines. You will:
- work with an outstanding team of engineers with a wide knowledge base
- Scope new requirements, design new features, and maintain key features for Serviceability across all platforms
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams across geographies
- Work with Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and come up with features that enhance the serviceability aspect of IOS-XE platforms
Day to day activities involve building new features, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Polaris IOS-XE team is responsible for adding programmability & manageability functionality to support SDN and data analytics. The software we are building will be used in millions of devices to build meaningful networks all over the world. This position offers a great opportunity for you to learn and for us to learn from you. We are revolutionizing the way network devices are managed. Come join us if you want to be a part of a team that gets along and get things done (so you still have time to pursue your life outside of work).
Who You Are
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good interpersonal skills
- 3-5+ years software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of C or C++
- Experience in Makefiles and Source code repositories
- Linux system programming experience (e.g. sockets, files, shared memory, multi-threaded programming/process synchronization)
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (Shell script, python)
- Experience in developing code for network routers, switches, wireless and IoT devices
- Experienced knowledge in designing software with multi-threading, event handling and state machines
- Good knowledge on modern operating system design such as multitasking, kernels, filesystems, etc.
- Possess creative analytical skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skill
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who are ready to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.