What You'll Do
Your role will be Software Engineer in vManage team and you will be part of world-class Software Engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting to Cloud applications. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of SD-WAN.
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Strong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of designing large-scale systems usingJava/AWS/Python/Ansible/Machine Learningenvironments is preferred.
- Knowledge of virtualization/container technology (Docker/Kubernetesis added advantage)
- Experience in working with distributed and scalable systems is preferred.
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is necessary.
- Hands on experience in VM and Container networking configuration is preferred.
- Experience in creating and maintaining root file systems for Containers is a plus point.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation Network Management System: vManage(A centralized dashboard for configuration and management).
Define, Architect, design, and deliver new software and features for the Enterprise platforms.
Day to day activities will involve creating new features, understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Viptelaâ€™s software driven(SD), cloud-first architecture for the WAN fits well with Ciscoâ€™s Digital Network Architecture (DNA) building on its automation, virtualization and analytics capabilities. Viptelaâ€™s offering complements Ciscoâ€™s on-premises routing platform with a cloud-centric approach to control management and orchestration, making it easy for our customers to deploy and manage the WAN. Viptela also supports Ciscoâ€™s strategic transition toward cloud and software-centric solutions that deliver predictable recurring revenue.
Who You Are
You are motivated, driven and a teammate. You'll be willing to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are meaningful.
You have a strong background in software development including specification, implementation and testing.
From a technical point of view, you should have some familiarity with at least few of these areas:
- Exemplary programming skills
- Virtualization technologies (KVM would be a plus)
- Distributed & scalable systems
- Linux platform development
- Server platform development
- Driver development
- Linux kernel development
- Routing protocols
- Hardware bring up
Typically requires MS-CS combined with 3-5 years of related experience, or BS-CS combined with 5 yrs related experience.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
- You're able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently.
- Experience working in Docker or other container technology.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who arenâ€™t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.