What You'll Do
You're deeply motivated Software Engineer who can make a difference in the team with their out of box thinking and you will be part of world-class Software engineering team that works on various ground breaking technologies in Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting to Cloud applications. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of Virtualization and Container Application Hosting for Fog Computing.
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Strong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of designing large-scale systems in Python/C/Java environments is preferred.
- Knowledge of virtualization/container technology. (Docker is added advantage)
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is necessary.
- Hands on experience in VM and Container networking configuration is preferred.
- Experience in creating and maintaining root file systems for Containers is a plus point.
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation Network operating systems.
- Define, Architect, design, and deliver new software and features for the Enterprise platforms.
- Day to day activities will involve creating new features, understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin of $12 bn+. Enterprise edge products that integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with new technologies such as virtualization, 4G mobile data, cloud-based IT applications, DNA, Switching, Routing and WAN. Customers range from small businesses to the world's largest retailers, financial institutions, and IT service providers. Our customers likely include your bank, apparel retailer, grocery store, superstore, and maybe even your favorite coffee shop. Driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise Routing to maintain market share leadership in a competitive environment.
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 3-8 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5-10+ yrs related experience.
- You are motivated, driven and a teammate. You'll be willing to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are meaningful.
- You have a strong background in software development including specification, implementation and testing.
- Experience in programming in C/C++ language.
- Experience configuring and automating the deployment of MPLS based VPNs (MVPN, L3VPN, L2VPN) is strongly desired.
From a technical point of view you should have some familiarity with at least some of these areas:
- Linux platform development
- Virtualization technologies (KVM would be a plus)
- Server platform development
- Driver development
- Kernel development
- Routing protocols
- Hardware bring up
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
- You're able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial guidance.
- Experience working in Docker or other container technology.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.