Description de l'offre
- Location:Milpitas, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
- Job Id1243551
Youâ€™re extremely motivated Software Engineer and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
oStrong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of designing large-scale systems in C/C++ environments is preferred.
oDedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
oStrong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is a requirement.
oIn-depth experience in designing networking systems and platform bring up
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation low end platforms and Wireless WAN (LTE/4G/5G) architectures. Define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features for the low-end enterprise and Mobility platforms
Day to day activities will involve building new features, understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Switching Software Group builds cutting edge services routing platforms with huge market share. This group handles all of Cisco product Wireless WAN (5G/4G/LTE) needs and low-end routing platform development, helping Cisco be the market leader in enterprise routing for both wired and wireless WAN.
The Platform and Mobility software team is a group of talented individuals responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and support of all infrastructure and features on the next generation ISR1K Platforms and Wireless WAN across all Cisco platforms.
As a member of this team, you will work on low end enterprise platforms and wireless WAN functionality. You will be working right from the product requirements stage all the way through customer support. You will involve product requirement analysis, SW design and implementation, write technical design documents, and perform tests. You will have an opportunity to get direct customer exposure.
Who You Are
oProficientin C/C++, Python,and multithreaded programming,development of algorithms using efficient data structures to come up with optimized code
oHands on experience on switch/router embedded system software development.
oExcellentworkingknowledge in cellular technologies LTE/4G/5G, standards is a must
oExperience with developing Linux kernel drivers, debugging and troubleshooting
oFamiliar with SCM tools, debugging tools like GDB, analyzing core dumps, memory leaks
- Working knowledge of test methodologies, including scripting and automation
- Experience with bootloader and secure boot is a plus
- Experience in driver development for protocols and peripherals like I2C, SPI, USB, MMC, NAND etc.
- Good understanding of operating system (Unix/Linux) concepts
oSelf-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate.
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
oStrong interpersonal and communication skills.