Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1238382
The Business Entity
We're an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco—balancing teamwork and integration with autonomy and innovation—to deliver the most effective solution to our customers' problems. The unique mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco's industry dominance exceeds what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
What You'll Do
Who You'll Work With
You will join a dynamic, multi-talented Engineering team where new features are deployed to customers multiple times a week. We are Umbrella's Web Security team and our mission is to improve the underlying technologies and the UI that drives Umbrella Security. We work on features big and small in order to build the best security solution in the world. This team does it all, so you'll never be bored, and you'll constantly be learning new technologies.
Who You Are
You're a Software Engineer who enjoys wearing many hats, a self-starter who's willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and start improving it immediately. This is a true generalist role, so if you've tried a few different web stacks and have your favorites, that's a good sign. Or, if you've got proven middle-tier experience and you're a go-getter, this would be a great opportunity to branch out. Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting large-scale transaction systems
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented concepts, programming, and systems design
- Understanding of various design patterns and Microservice Architecture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience building (and supporting) microservices
- Amazon Web Services
- Relational databases (MySQL, Amazon RDS)
- Continuous Integration/Delivery tools (Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Ansible)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Why Cisco Cloud Security
Cisco Cloud Security enables you to securely embrace the cloud. It protects users against threats anywhere they access the internet and secures your data and applications in the cloud. You can also use the cloud to enhance security through simplified policy management and dynamic threat intelligence. With Cisco Cloud Security, you gain complete visibility into internet activity across cloud applications, all office locations, and roaming devices, plus faster threat detection and response. Cisco Cloud Security provides an effective security platform that is open, automated, and simple to sue. And it's backed by industry-leading threat information delivered by the Cisco Talos security intelligence and research group.