Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
- Job Id1244239
Who We Are
Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is helping people transform how they collaborate globally through solutions targeted at enhancing the user experience and driving collaboration and productivity to unprecedented levels, thus helping drive revenue growth and defining new business models. We are the only vendor that can truly connect conferencing hardware, software, and SaaS offerings to provide the best end-to-end user experience regardless of whether they are internal or external, while making it secure and scalable for IT.
Who You'll Work With
Join the dynamic community of engineers innovating on the latest in cloud-based software development, including continuous integration and delivery, and test-driven development. Our team develops Cisco's cloud-based collaboration services enjoyed by millions of users at thousands of companies, including some of the world's largest corporations.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Collaboration Technology Group, you will collaborate with the Software Product Development team to develop and configure cloud based software, orchestrate and manage tools that enable for the deployment, configuration, scaling, high availability and production readiness of our Cloud infrastructure across multiple data centers and cloud platforms including AWS. A successful candidate for this role will possess fluency in coding and systems design, strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, proficient communication skills, and a commitment to solve complex problems of running cloud services.
In the highly visible role as a Software Engineer, you will:
-Collaborate within an agile development environment developing and delivering world-class software.
-Develop beautiful, maintainable code, with comprehensive test-driven development.
-Participate in code and architecture reviews .
-Shape all aspects of the service including software development, continuous integration, continuous delivery to production, and kernel optimization settings .
-Support, respond to, and resolve service issues .
-Perform software performance analysis and system tuning.
Who You Are
BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 2-3 years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 1 years of experience including experience with open source technologies, automated configuration, and cloud automation development and operations.
- Must be proficient Java and C++ development.
- Have experience with Python development with the ability to call API's.
- Practical knowledge programming and debugging server-side/cloud environments.
- Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with groups of people when needed.
- Cloud enabling technology (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable.
- Practical knowledge of XML, HTTP/REST, XMPP or SIP.
- Experience developing or implementing configuration management with either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Terraform.
- Experience with open source technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch (ELK), Kafka, and Redis is a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
#WeAreCisco #cloud #SaaS #denver #agile #c #c++ #java #python #jenkins #puppet #fabric #jabber #xmpp #github #docker
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.