Description de l'offre
- Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
- Job Id1233285
Who we are
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco, drives the technology that's transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As an infrastructure engineer, you will be a key member of the Quadra team, which is responsible for the design, development, and operation of the platform engineering relies upon to deliver solutions to our customers. This is a small team that does big things. At its core, Quadra provides Infrastructure as a Service for our engineering, but goes beyond this by providing a single interface into logging, monitoring, firewalling, and more.
Who You'll Work With
The experience of members of the Quadra team cuts across all layers of the stack. We are a team that is supportive of learning and experimentation. Our customers are engineers in the organization, who we value above all else. We pride ourselves in seeing them succeed by leveraging our platform. We work closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering teams to build core Internet infrastructure, security applications and distributed systems at scale.
As a member of this team you will work with engineers to develop solutions to extend and enhance the services offered by the platform. You will work through the entire lifecycle of a feature from its conception to development to operation.
Some of the things you will work on
- Design, build and operate highly available, distributed micro-services used by engineering
- Develop solutions for networking and orchestration problems with availability, scale and latency in mind
- Collaborate with software and infrastructure engineering teams to design solutions to enable them
- Learn the ins and outs of supporting a cloud platform running 24x7 production services
- Deploy applications worldwide
- Fine-tune configuration and improve the performance of a variety of systems alongside with your team members
- Improve the continuous integration and deployment pipelines
The team could be a good fit for you if you:
- Are interested in building solid applications in a variety of languages (Golang, Python…)
- Enjoy troubleshooting systems and applications through the entire stack
- Know your way around a unix terminal
- Have built or deployed applications using cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, Docker Cloud…)
- Love learning
- Are passionate about networking and security
- Like working collaboratively with a team
Our interview process
One of the aspects of job searching that's always nerve wrecking is the interview process. To help reduce that stress, our process is fairly straightforward and we aim to be as transparent as possible with it. The process is as follows:
- 30 minute call with the hiring manager
- 4 hours of interviews with the team on-site or remotely
- 1 take-home collaborative coding challenge
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.