Description de l'offre
What You'll Do
You're extremely motivated Software Engineer and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Be a part of the overall BGP Routing Team (the best in the industry) in Central Software Group of Cisco, contributing to Design, Development, Coding and Test of routing software modules, that enable critical solutions for the Service provider, and provide them a competitive edge.
- Develop automated tests in Python/C for developed software features to ensure high-quality handoff to the Test team.
- Conduct and participate in peer code/design reviews.
- Deliver detailed functional and design specifications of the software.
- Work closely with the adjacent software teams in defining the programming interfaces into the various other software modules.
Who You'll Work With
Central Software Group (CSG) seeks an experienced Engineer to deliver software solutions for our Service-Provider/ Data-Center/Enterprise products. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in development of flexible software in CSG for the next generation networking product's.
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products. Cisco is a great place to grow your career.
Who You Are
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Master's degree (or Bachelor's degree with 3+) years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
- Knowledge of Routing Technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS protocols is a definite plus.
- Unicast/Multicast Forwarding experience would help too.
- Proficient in "C" and multithreading programming, scripting languages (Tcl, Python, Perl) is a plus.
- Understands advanced architecture principles and design practices
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Good understanding of concepts in operating system, Inter process communication, high availability etc.
- Experience in manageability frameworks such as YANG/SNMP/XML.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux. Experience using RTOS (ex: QNX, VxWorks)
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, Multicast)
- Understanding datacenter technologies/concepts like VxLAN, Segment-Routing, Traffic-Engineering
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.