What You'll Do
Cisco’s Advanced Services (AS) Software Integration and Orchestration (SIO) team is looking for a Software Developer to work in small virtual team to design, build, test and integrate the Automation & Orchestration solutions. The team works with large Service Provider and Enterprise customers to help transform their networks to virtualized, automated, cloud enabled, self-healing and secure network systems.
The Automation solutions cover both physical and virtual infrastructure including Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Hardware/Software Disaggregation, Cloud, DC, WAN, Mobility and Security infrastructure.
The Software Developer role is to work in a small team of software developers working on Automation solutions leveraging software products & tools from both Cisco and non-Cisco (OpenSource, 3rd party) vendors. The Automation solutions may be comprised of software products & tools such as Tailf-NSO, NFV solutions to automate Cisco and 3rd party Virtual Nework Functions (VNFs), Ansible, OpenStack, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), Integration Middleware, Workflow Management and UI/Portal systems.
Who You are
The Team is comprised of Automation Architects, Software Development Leads and Software Developers who work on customer’s software integration, automation & orchestration projects. The work activities are;
- to understand customer requirements,
- advise customer on possible solution options
- design the solution
- implementation of solution using Cisco and 3rd party products with potential extensions and customizations,
- integrate into existing customer’s OSS/BSS systems,
- package and deploy solution in the target environments
- perform integration, system & acceptance testing in various non-production as well as in a customer’s production environment
- and then provide day-2 support and ongoing optimization.
Who You'll Work With
The Team interacts with Customer, Business Units, Sales team and Technical Services during the lifecycle of a project through Presales scoping/Proof-Of-Concept/Project delivery/Optimization. The role is to work in a small team of software SMEs spread globally.
Responsibilties & Qualifications
The role of Software Developer is work in small team of software developers & automation architects to build and deliver integration, automation & orchestration solutions. Internally, the person works with the virtual team of developers and testers and externally, the person may work with customer’s technical leads and middle management.
The candidate should be able to perform the following activities: comprehension of solution requirements & documentation, solution architecture & design, Test-Driven and Behavior Driven development (TDD/BDD), software customization, software deployment architecture and software packaging, integration, system and customer acceptance testing for the customer’s software solution.
Candidate must be experienced on Agile Software Development methodology.
The candidate should have prior experience (about 3-5 years) of delivering on complex and highly scalable software projects.
The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. The person should be self-motivated and able to work independently and/or in support of small teams
The person should have skillsets on most of these software technologies:
- Hands on experience with software integration - Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), ESBs
- Working knowledge of network & software configuration tools such as Tail-f/NSO, Ansible, Chef/Puppet
- Working knowledge of BPMN workflow engines(jBPM/Activiti or Camunda etc) is preferred
- Hands on experience with SDLC tools (Jenkins, Git, Automated Testing Frameworks)
- Working knowledge of MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular & Node.JS) is preferred
- Knowledge of Virtualization & Cloud (VMware, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of Analytics with Big Data, AI, Machine Learning algorithms
- Exposure to networking architectures including DC, WAN, Campus, Mobility, Security is a plus
The Intent-based Networking is a phenomenon transforming our customers' businesses worldwide and driving new opportunities for Cisco. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in Mobility, Cloud, Security, Collaboration, DC, IT, and Analytics with a focus on Automation and Software. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected, imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, entertainment, banking, service providers, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work and accelerate your career with exponential possibilities at Cisco.