Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
The Security Business Group is looking for talented, energetic engineers to develop software for Cisco's next Gen Firewall platforms.
• Participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco Firepower security products.
• Define, design and develop new software features in a real-time Linux (or similar) OS environment
• Contribute to all phases of software development, from requirements gathering through implementation and sustaining
• Write functional, design and unit test specs.
• Resolve design issues.
• Develop complex modules of code
• Troubleshoot and resolve software defects
• Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning.
• Represent Cisco to customers and the rest of the industry in the development and deployment of internetworking solutions.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Embedded software development experience in a real-time Linux OS environment
• Programming skills in C/C++, Python
• Knowledge of CPU architecture and PCI/PCIe.
• Experience in device driver development
• Knowledge of TCP/IP knowledge and one or more networking protocol (Routing, IP Security)
• Background in software design, implementation and debugging
• Strong communication, teamwork and problem solving skills are essential
• • MSEE/CS or BSEE/CS with 1-2+ years of experience in a software development position
Desired Experience and Skills
• Knowledge of Security Technologies - Firewall, VPN, IPS and Web security is highly desired
• Cisco product and IOS knowledge is always helpful
• Virtualization knowledge is a plus
• Agile software development experience is also a plus