We are looking for bright software engineer, design and develop the state-of-the-art Nexus OS (NX-OS) for the exciting and rapidly growing Data Center products. Cisco is working on breakthrough and innovative solutions sought after by Fortune 100 customers especially in the virtualization and cloud computing market segments. These solutions are being delivered on Cisco's NX-OS running on Nexus Data Center platforms. The foundation of NX-OS software is the cutting edge and advanced NX-OS infrastructure which provides industry leading OS/infra services to build mission critical, highly available, self-healing, virtualized and massively scalable systems. We seek smart, passionate and visionary people to help us define and build next generation foundational infrastructure software and work together with a fast paced, dynamic and talented team of engineers who strive to:
• Tackle complex challenges and solve tough problems.
• Provide highly scalable, reliable and secure OS/Infrastructure to build distributed applications.
• Apply knowledge, expertise and energy to create efficient and high impact software and architecture scaled from small device to massively scalable system.
• Develop highly available and fault tolerance system to run 24/7 for business continuity without downtime or packet loss even during software upgrade.
• Innovate in virtualization space and distributed systems.
• Push the limits on performance, latency and scale.
Open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team with "pay for performance" culture. Thus, you set your own limits for learning, achievements and rewards.
• Strong experience in C/C++ programming language
• Experience in Linux/Unix and system software
• Experience/coursework in advanced data structures and algorithms, operating systems
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting Skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• BSEE/CS or equivalent is required, MSEE/CS is preferred.
A big plusif you have knowledge/experience in one or more of following areas:
• OS/Kernel (Linux preferred), kernel programming.
• Distributed systems and clustering.
• Scalability, performance analysis and optimization.
• Bash/Python/Perl scripting.