Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops and markets security products and solutions for Cisco's Borderless Networks. These products protect customer investments by providing infrastructure, perimeter and application level security, including products to deploy, operate and monitor policy throughout the infrastructure.
The ASA Firewall is one of the most critical products of SBG. This product has high visibility both within the Business unit and across several other Cisco product/technology organizations and other functions like Advanced Services, Customer Advocacy, etc. ASA Firewall enables customers to build, enforce security policies effectively.
The team is looking for a highly energetic and motivated Software Develoment Engineer who works with the development engineering and test teams.
The successful candidate will have a blend of technical knowledge, communication and problem-solving skills. This role includes automation of new features
Who you will work with?
ASA firewall team develops cutting edge Firewall, SSL software for Service Providers, Enterprise customers
Who You Are
- You are excited to contribute to engineering efforts from design to verification, solving complex technical challenges related to the ASA Firewall and SSL product
The candidate should possess one or more of the following primary skills:
- Development experience in C is required
- Experience in developing code in Linux, UNIX and virtual network environments.
- Experience in analyzing crash logs, stack trace, faults by utilizing debugging techniques
- Ability to generate, capture and analyze protocol traces. Familiar working with IP capture tools like Wireshark and Ethereal.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written) and technical skills
- Must work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
- Work as a member of a SCRUM team delivering high quality software in two week sprints
- Experience writing automated tests using Python or comparable scripting languages
- Knowledge of SSL, Networking Protocols (UDP, TCP, IP), Linux
- Knowledge of Cisco products and technologies: Routers, Switches, Firewalls etc
- Knowledge of Software Tools: GIT, Jenkins, Containers technologies
- Typically requires MS EE/CS combined with 3+ yrs related experience, or BS EE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience