Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
- Job Id1241507
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks a Software Engineer to define, design and build software for recently launched Cisco Intersight product. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn a wide range of technologies including virtualization, cloud based system management software development in continuous development and continuous delivery model. You will participate in cross-functional teamwork and expose to all facets of the software development cycle from innovation, marketing requirement to product delivery.
This candidate will be responsible for delivering system level functionality of a large, enterprise class resource management system. Participate (may take on a lead role) in product feature definition, software design, implementation, documentation and customer support. Design and develop new software product features. Develop complex, multiple modules of code independently. Write complete functional and design specs independently. Write portions of product spec. Lead development of subsystems. Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning. Help to develop automated test plans. Perform complex system level tests. Evaluate and recommend tools. Solves complex problems at the system level. Define product level test and simulation strategy. Participate in Cisco's Patent Program.
Who You'll Work With
Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into cloud computing. Champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that help build next generation data centers.
Cisco Intersight is a cloud-based system management platform for Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System), HyperFlex and other data center products. It provides a more intelligent level of management that enables IT organizations to analyze, simplify and automate their environments in ways that were not possible with on-premises tools. It is driven by analytics and machine learning to provide actionable intelligence for IT operations management. It has enhanced capabilities and tight integration with Cisco TAC that enables more efficient support and expedited troubleshooting.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component. Broad knowledge of and exposure system management software are essential for success in this role.
- Management systems experience (Network Management, Systems Management, Datacenter Automation)
- System software experience in a linux platform environment.
- Strong C/C++ or GoLang programming skill.
- Strong design skill using object oriented methodologies
- Familiarity with GIT, JSON, Micro services, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with multi-threaded, multi-component complex systems
- Experience with model-driven architectures and meta-model-driven systems
- MS CS/CE with 2 - 4+ years of related experience, or BS CS/CE with 3 - 5+ yrs related experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco