Description de l'offre
- Location:Fulton, Maryland, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1250037
Who You'll Work with
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making secured, networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before.
To help us bring this vision to life, we are looking for talented engineers who are looking for a unique opportunity to help integrate award winning, best of breed security into a broad range of Cisco networking products. The team's focus is on addressing challenging integration problems while providing a fun and interesting environment, filled with opportunities to learn new technologies. Care to join a team that cares? This group understands and cares about how our engineering brothers and sisters think and work, so that we can consistently deliver solutions with optimal integration.
What else do we care about?
- The world around us. Cisco provides up to $10,000/yr in matching charitable contributions and 5 days of paid time (in addition to normal PTO) for volunteer work. https://blogs.cisco.com/tag/time2give
- Each voice in our diverse team.
- Home life: Take time to spend with your friends and family so you're fully charged to deliver awesomeness during a normal workweek. Your personal time matters to us and we will do our best not to disturb it.
- Open Source: use and enhance Cisco funded open source including Snort and ClamAV. We actively work to open source more of our work through Cisco DevNet. We structure our project as an InnerSource Commons project… the best of Open Source community with proprietary code.
- Winning Together: Cisco's People Deal is awesome https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/careers/we-are-cisco/people-deal.html
- Ethics: we are honest and above-board in all our dealings.
- Growing our team members with training, mentoring, and the right tools to allow each team member's inner awesome to shine.
- Having fun while building great stuff!
What You'll Do;
- Building great solutions! This will include design and development of innovative solutions to integrate existing technologies into new products and market offerings.
- Contribute to all phases of software development, from requirements gathering through implementation, automation and sustaining.
- Listening to internal users, team members, and customers to help encourage open collaboration.
- Creating excellent, understandable communications around our systems: documentation, example code, screencasts, prototypes, etc.
- Making the complexities of network security system understandable… and where possible, simple.
- Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning.
- Submitting and commenting on pull requests.
- Writing gnarly tests, including the use of Chaos Monkey and Jepsen.
- Represent Cisco to customers and the rest of the industry in the development and delivery of innovative solutions.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Empathy, teamwork and strong communication skills are essential.
- Background in software design, implementation and debugging.
- Experience with a JVM language: Java, Kotlin, Scala, or Clojure.
- Experience with a scripting language: Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- MSEE/CS with 3+ years of experience in a software development position, or BSEE/CS with 5+ years of experience in a software development position.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Material and demonstrable contributions to shipping software combined with significant community interaction.
- Knowledge of Security Technologies - Firewalls, IPS and Web security.
- Knowledge of Cisco products and IOS is always helpful.
- Experience with a native compiled language: C, C++, Rust, Haskell, or Go.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience with Git.
- Solid Networking knowledge.
- Agile software development experience.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.