You will be executing job responsibilities as a Software Engineer in testing and automating Networking Software features for Data Center Business Unit.
• Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and customer facing documentation.
• Work with Development, Marketing, Customer facing teams ensuring quality for software feature delivery.
• Execute software tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
• Implement understanding of Data center architecture in testing topologies.
• Implement networking concepts understanding for testing telemetry, programmability technologies.
• Write high quality automation scripts with high code coverage.
• Engagement in Early Field Trials and Customer POCs.
• Closely work with field/customer facing teams to incorporate feedback into internal test phases / build standard methodologies.
Who You’ll Work With
Data Center Networking Group is developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility. Data Center also developed a 40G Ethernet transceiver designed to drastically lower the price of 40G optics to better compete with other competitor switches.
The future of networking with ACI is about providing a network that is deployed, monitored, and managed in a fashion that supports DevOps and rapid application change. ACI does so through the reduction of complexity and a common policy framework that can automate provisioning and managing of resources.
As we realize our globalization strategies and move in to new markets, our diverse, inclusive culture also creates a competitive advantage for Cisco. It ensures we have the fresh ideas and execution capabilities and the local knowledge we need to best serve our customers and build our presence around the globe. By gaining a better understanding of the world and the differences in its people we can change the way it works, lives, plays, and learns.
Who You Are
• BSEE/CS or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in Networking software testing or MSEE/CS or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in Networking software testing.
• Experience testing Networking technologies such as L2/L3, Vxlan. Preferably understanding of OAM, Telemetry, Data Center Spine/Leaf architecture, Programmability (REST/NETCONF/OC etc.).
• 2-3 years experience in automation with scripting languages such as Tcl, Python; preferably good understanding of Cisco pyATS infrastructure.
• 1-2 years experience in using 3rd party test tools such as Ixia, Spirent etc. Experience automating using APIs on the 3rd party tools is a plus.
• Good problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills
• Hands on experience in building testbeds, scope testing effort using technical judgements with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Preferable 2-3 years experience in all phases of SW Development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies.
• Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group.
• Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.