For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
The Security Technology Group in Fulton is looking for a talented Software Engineer to help with bringing new FirePower NGFW platforms to market. You will be challenged with a wide variety of projects related to network security and platform development for current and next generation security products.
* Participate and be prepared to take lead roles on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco security products.
* Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning.
* Contribute to all phases of software development, from requirements gathering through implementation, automation and sustaining.
* Write functional, design, and unit test specifications.
* Define, design and develop new software features in a Linux OS environment.
* Develop large scale systems that run complex code in high bandwidth environments.
* Troubleshoot and resolve software defects in components that range from kernel modules to applications.
* Provide detailed explanations of applications to Cisco customer support.
Required Experience and Skills:
* Software development experience in a Linux OS environment.
* Background in software design, implementation, and debugging.
* Programming skills in C/C++, Perl, Python, and shell scripts.
* Solid networking knowledge - TCP/IP and Layer 2.
* Solid knowledge of CPU architectures.
* Strong communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills are essential.
* MSEE/CS with 3+ years of experience in a software development position, or BSEE/CS with 5+ years of experience in a software development position.
Desired Experience and Skills
* Knowledge of Security Technologies - Firewalls, IPS and Web security.
* Cisco product and IOS knowledge is always helpful.
* Device driver and kernel module development.
* Agile software development experience.