Description de l'offre
- Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1251276
Are you excited to be part of a new team? Does the thought of building a new, highly secure cloud infrastructure excite you? Are you ready to tackle the challenge of ensuring system security from development to deployment? Do you want to become an expert in the system and undertake new challenges?
This is an opportunity for you to join the security team within Cisco AMP for Endpoints, one of the world's leading security products. The AMP team ships security software for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android operating systems. The web console team uses Ruby, Cassandra, Mongo, MySQL, RabbitMQ etc., all managed by Chef. We deploy to multi-region AWS cloud and also ship as an on-premise appliance.
Billions of times a day, computers around the world communicate with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud and rely on the AMP product to protect them against advanced forms of malware. Some malware is straightforward to identify, but antivirus has done that forever. Our customers need protection against malware that's tricky to identify:
· Viruses that generate different binaries on every machine they infect
· Things that seem benign until you start looking closely at their behavior
· Malicious programs that have invented new ways of hiding themselves
To make the problem even more interesting: it may only become clear after a few days that a program or behavior was malicious. Does that sound fun to you? This team is responsible for a multi-platform client application and a highly scalable cloud which can control and communicate with said client. You will be handling streams of data used by customers in real-time threat detection, threat response, and investigation of malicious behavior.
If using those to help improve computer security sounds exciting, this is the place for you.
What You'll Do
You will work to develop distributed systems that collect information from Cisco endpoints and coordinate queries for its customers. Orbital Engineers build the service that distributes queries for information and the endpoint component that executes these queries.
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, result driven and engaged individual and enjoy collaborating in team-based environment. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and make a difference. You are someone who doesn't give up when faced with complex problems.
- Passionate about security, protecting our customers' privacy is our chief concern at Cisco.
- Self-Motivated and comfortable with working in a diverse and distributed team.
- Experience in software development in either desktop software or distributed systems.
- Expertise in Go or C/C++ and a willingness to learn Go.
- A solid understanding of software engineering practices.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices.
- Familiarity with Windows software development.
- Experience with resource optimization techniques.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco