Description de l'offre
- Location:San Francisco, California, US
- Additional Location(s)San Jose
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
- Job Id1244227
What You'll Do
In this highly visible role as a Software Engineer, you will:
- Design, implement and manage a set of highly distributed and highly scalable micro-services for the Cisco Spark product portfolio. (very Agile, very DevOps)
- Participate in design and implementation efforts across multiple geographically distributed teams of engineers, designers, product managers and system administrators.
- Work with external partners and developers to accelerate our integration strategy
- Innovate every day to build our cloud collaboration platform
Who You'll Work With
We're a young disruptive team, distributed world-wide with a start-up culture working in a very agile fashion, with one simple goal: reshape and reinvent the way people collaborate.
Who we are
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $1B business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done! With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry.
Who You Are
Across our whole team, we practice a form of agile development called “continuous delivery”, allowing us to release updates to both server and client components on a daily basis. To achieve this, everyone on the team is responsible for contributing to the automated tests that allow us to release with confidence. The resulting process is extremely agile, allowing both our team, and the successful candidate, to achieve greatness.
We are looking for people with specific skills, but ultimately, experience with technology FOO or acronym BAR is not as important as pride in delivering a great product to millions of users. We are serious about building a great product, but our culture is one of supportive teamwork and fun.
- Strong development experience with developing Cloud RESTful services
BS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 2-4 years experience in a SaaS environment
- Fluent in Web services and Rest Web architecture
- Knowledge of modern and commonly used Java frameworks
- Familiarity with Cisco Spark platform and APIs as well as competitors products
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.