Software Engineer 1244257
Description de l'offre
- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
- Job Id1244257
Cloud and On-Prem Apps on Cisco DNAC.
San Jose, CA
Who You'll Work with and What are we building next?
It is an exciting time to work with a new project in the CSG group. The next generation DNAC architecture - hardware and software that aligns with SDN, is highly modular and programmable, supports modern software principles and distributed system constructs, and works at hyper scale. This while making it super simple for customers to deploy and maintain. Some people are calling it the plug-and-play of networking.
Who You Are?
We are looking for strong, talented and energetic engineers with the following skills:
1. Exposure to Open Source software and contributions to the Open Source community.
2. Well versed with Test and Build tools – JUNIT, TestNG, Mockito, Maven, Gradle. 3. Strong background in Java/ Go/ Python. 4. Knowledge/ Interest in converting a monolithic application to a MicroServices one. 5. Experience with Designing Web Scale solutions. 6. Good with Database technologies – SQL and NOSQL based databases. 7. Well versed with Caching technologies – Memcached/ REDIS/ HazelCast. 8. Well versed with Messaging technologies – Kafka/ RabbitMQ/ REDIS Q. 9. Well versed with Application frameworks and Web Technologies – Spring, Hibernate, Servlets, REST. 10. Well versed with Cloud services – DynamoDB, Aurora DB, Elastic BeanStalk, CloudWatch or the
equivalents on GCP/ Azure.
How we work?
"Fast, Agile and Perfect"
Customers are now demanding features turned around in weeks, see them work in their labs and deploy them in an Agile manner; enhance the implementation based on field feedback and so on. You need to be excited about understanding the requirement, design and code them to deliver a quick early drop, and be agile to refine it based on real field feedback to make it ready for deployment. In all of this, top focus is a must on the aspect of quality, so that our Customers do not lose time and money during their deployment and Operations.
"Outcome based and Customer focus"
Cisco wins when the customer wins and makes money, after deploying your new implementation! This needs very close Customer engagement right from understanding their requirement/deployment scenarios, iteratively seek feedback both ways and pro-actively and quickly turn around any questions or issues customers find - to enable them deploy and win quickly!
"Empowered Teams, Fun and Open Culture"
Each team decides collectively on the best options to help the customer situation in an empowered manner. We celebrate Customer wins and milestone achievements and relish our hard work that made it happen! - Many times with the Customers.
Engineers have the flexibility to work across multiple technology components with soft-component ownership that enhances their learning potential.
Engineers are encouraged to up-skill by various means like: develop prototypes for innovations and new trends, contribute to open source communities, participate and deliver tech-talks.
What You'll Do and WIFM - What's In It For Me?
1. Build your expertise on the best-in-class modular, fully distributed, highly available, highly secure network operating system and routing platform
2. Work directly with the top customers like Google, Facebook, Kaiser, Comcast, Microsoft, AT&T, NTT, British Telecom, etc and learn how the world of Edge and Core networking is evolving
3. Evolve into the new Virtualized world and be part of the journey to drive the Customers towards enabling of Virtualized Cloud based Network Services
4. Lines between networking software (NOS) and application software are blurred since networking is just another application in modern times. Differentiate yourself by going above and beyond plain app software development.
5. Become an Agile expert
Why Cisco ?
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.