Description de l'offre
Amazon Video Playback team is looking for a talented SDE to help us build tools and automated solutions to test our player platforms across iOS, Android, PC Browsers, game consoles, set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
We obsess about software quality! We think about a thousand different ways to break software systems in our labs, so that our customers can enjoy seamless video playback. We are fascinated by big picture problems like "How to guarantee continuous deployment of high quality software without any human intervention?" to low level details like, “How can we programmatically detect, report and diagnose video playback quality defects down to the last pixel?” We build huge distributed labs running automated tests 24x7 across all supported devices and marketplaces. We use computer vision, OCR and machine learning techniques to solve hard black box testing challenges. In short, we have exciting opportunities in an industry that's doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be designing and developing tools and automated solutions that help guarantee the software quality across a wide range of mobile devices and tablets, web browsers and living room devices. You will be working on streaming technologies, tools and infrastructure challenges involving big data, machine learning, OCR/computer vision and large scale backend web services, all with the goal of delivering seamless client and video playback experience to the customer.
A successful candidate will have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and, of course, a passion for TV and film.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java
· Coding and design experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms and design patterns.
· Fundamentals in operating systems architecture and networking.
· Experience in the delivery of key services, features and websites involving multiple stakeholders and dependencies
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills