Software Development Engineer
Who we are
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
What you’ll do
We are looking for software engineering and technology visionaries to join the DNA platform team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
As we build the new network, we need you to bring your new ideas and enthusiasm to jump into opportunities, transforming industries as they emerge and grow. You will collaborate with a creative team to take on some of the toughest challenges in the tech world.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with global impact? Are you pumped about making billions of connections happen? Will you be our next hire?
Who You are
· Have a high bar for quality of the product.
· Expertise in testing high performance, highly scalable solutions deployed on the cloud (AWS or others)
· Ability to take up variety of roles in a startup environment.
· Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels and containers).
· Good knowledge of Linux and should be comfortable with shell.
· Strong test planning ability is a big plus.
· Expert in building complex automation frameworks using Python or Go programming skills
· Experience in developing REST APIs, very good understanding of networking concepts, L2 - L7 protocols.
· Expertise in testing container technologies and working with containerized software (using docker, lxc, kubernetes or mesos)
· 3+ years of working experience in a high impact software development team
· 2+ years’ experience with testing “systems” products (network analytics, networking, virtualization, etc.)
· Excellent problem solving skills
We connect everything: people, process, data and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.