Big Data Developer (Java) - WebEx Data Platform
Description de l'offre
- Location:Milpitas, California, US
- Additional Location(s)NA
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
- Job Id1233038
What You'll Do
As a Data Engineer of the Portals and Data Analytics Engineering team, you will have a unique opportunity to use your creativity in cloud infrastructure to develop innovative big data analytics platform and real-time Apache Spark streaming applications to provide operational insights into our global WebEx data centers.
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated, and highly creative Software Engineer to join our team to develop our new WebEx Big Data platform project.
- Assist with the development of the WebEx Big Data platform using core Java.
- Develop both batch and real-time streaming data applications using Spark, Kafka, Scala and Hadoop
- Contribute to the development of visualization dashboards using Qlik
- Work on our large-scale data platform, build, manage or monitor them.
- Works closely with global team on engagements by estimating the complexity and duration of technical tasks; and providing business value justification and risk evaluation
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $1B business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!
Who You Are
Have good understanding of data analytics best practices, including skills such as data modeling, data cleaning, data mining, machine learning and data virtualization. Be an expert in below two or more areas
- A Bachelors Degree in CS/BS/EE plus 2 years experience or MS Degree with 1 year of distributed application development experience preferably in Java.
- A minimum of 1-2 years hands-on experience in the development of data analytics applications, streaming analytics, or data processing using core Java, Scala, Kafka, Apache Spark, Storm, etc. A qualified java/Scala engineer.
- Strong understanding of data structures
- Data analytics – Previous work experience or project work developing Big Data analytics applications desired
- Hadoop - Previous work experience with Hadoop ecosystem components such has Hive, Hbase, Pig, Squoop or Pig would be a plus
- Experience with Kafka or Scala highly desired
- Experience with Apache Spark streaming is big plus
- Flexible, Self-motivated, problem solver who can work both individually as well as an effective Team player with excellent attention to detail and great interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
Why Cisco?Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and a good problem solver who can work both individually as well as an effective team player.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.