Requisition Number: 155405
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Site Reliability Engineer (Temporary -12 months)
The Challenge Ahead:
We are seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on infrastructure administration skills to design, administer, tune, secure, maintain and document a hybrid infrastructure. This individual will play an active role in all aspects of the design and deployment of distributed services and will be part of a 24x7 global operations group.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a member of the Central Development Services (CDS) team at Electronic Arts. The CDS team are on the forefront of emerging technology, creating and optimizing tools that enable our teams to code better and more efficiently. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope, striving for ‘Quality by Design’ wherever possible.
What a Site Reliability Engineer does at EA:
The Site Reliability Engineer works as a member of the central quality engineering team, responsible for the continued development of our infrastructure capabilities and expand support for technology stacks used to deliver mission critical tools and services to our partner game teams. This position focuses on leveraging Linux based deployments and Kubernetes orchestration in the support of current services.
Requirements & Skills:
· Production experience within a hybrid on-prem (VMware) and cloud environment
· Great communication, both technical and non-technical
· Experience with containers and orchestration platforms (Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes) is essential.
· Experienced user of one or more source code management tools (Perforce, Git)
· Experience with containers best practices at scale, architecture design, troubleshooting and performance tuning
· Deep understanding of networking technologies
· Excellent problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex issues
· In-depth knowledge of online security best practices
· Familiarity with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
· Experience developing and deploying open source tools and services
· Knowledge of CI / CD tools
· Strong automation skills
· Comfortable working with Linux and Windows systems
· Ability to use scripting languages
· Eager to learn new skills and ramp up quickly
· Strong interest in scalable and distributed systems performance
· Comfortable collaborating with people face-to-face and remotely
· Ability to thrive in a high-pressured, free-form, product-oriented environment
· Great sense of humor :)
Additional Skills and Abilities:
· Experience shipping AAA games is a plus
· Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet)
· Experience with Hashicorp products: Terraform, Packer, Consul and Vault
· Experience in monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools. (Prometheus, TICK etc., Grafana). An eye for solving issues with better monitoring.
· Experience using AWS in the deployment and development of .NET and Java based services.
· Relevant IT industry certifications is a plus (AWS, VMware, Red Hat)
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum is a plus.
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
· Passion for the entertainment industry and distributed development.
· Excellent communication skills, including verbal, face-to-face, written and presentation.
· Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills
· Experience with customer service
· Able to quickly assess situations, troubleshoot complex problems and keep a calm head under tight time constraints and high pressure.
· Self-starter and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions with little supervision.
· Ability to work independently as part of a geographically distributed organization.
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-16 21:55:05.89
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA