1245275 - Services Consulting Engineer
Description de l'offre
- Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
- Area of InterestCustomer Experience
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider
- Job Id1245275
Who You'll Work With
Solution Validation Services (SVS) is focused on validating complex customer-specific networks and accelerating the adoption of new technologies.
As part of AS SVS tean you will help drive Cisco services growth by designing next generation solution labs and validation solutions for Enterprise and SP customers. Influence customer on trending network technologies and accelerate the new technology adoption.
Our team has expertise across the breadth of the Cisco product portfolio along with expertise in a variety of third-party and competitive products. With hundreds of engineers and world-class facilities around the world, SVS helps design, and deploy the technologies our customers need to give their business the edge in today's business climate.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a Services Consulting Engineer that will perform the following responsibilities:
* Play an active role in the design, development, and testing of applications in a cloud environment
* Validate large-scale application workflows in a cloud architecture
* Develop and execute tests, log and track issues and drive them to resolution with verification of bug fixes, document test results and research findings.
* Develop software/scripts as needed to assist in the systems validation process.
* Work with Cisco account teams and customers directly, while colloborating with Cisco Business units in creating a full scale customer networks to design and validate Cisco technologies
Who You Are
You have got deep technical expertise with Core routing, switching, Data Center and Cloud technologies along with Strong consulting skills, this position is the right fit for you to get your hands on architectural and customer business skills.
In this highly visible customer facing role as Validation Services NCE you will:
-Support next generation R&S, Data Center and Cloud technologies for Service Provider customers to support implementation of new platform/solution.
-Build test lab configurations, execute and document results.
-Collaborate with solution architects from delivery and sales team on requirements.
-Identify key issues, gaps and drive with engineering and delivery to resolve issues.
-Develop/integrate new technology into lab pods.
-Innovate to gain efficiency.
-Validate new design solutions to meet customer requirements.
-Collaborate with other engineers and participate as member of engineering team to ensure successful project delivery. --- Engage with customers and other Cisco stakeholders on successful planning and execution of validation engagements.
- Data Center experience, R&S and/or DC CCIE preferred
- Strong knowledge of ACI, VXLAN, LISP, BGP, OSPF Routing, MPLS, LAN Switching, VPC, Data Center Technologies
- NX-OS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR and IOS configuration and test
- Expertise in Cisco DC and Enterprise platforms(N2k-N9k, ASR9k, ASR1k-9k, ISR and Wireless Platforms. )
- Strong communication skills(written, verbal and presentation)
- Architecture validation experience
- Knowledge of Industry Test Tools
- Cloud/Virtualization experience
- Expert Knowledge in DC technologies ACI, Cloud Center is a plus
- Knowledge on trending new technologies such as OpenStack, NFV, SDN and Container technologies is highly desirable.
- Service provider and or Enterprise lab/production network experience
- experience Content Switching (OSI Layer 4-7 Switching, Loadbalancers) and DC firewall platforms is a plus
- Programming experience/familiarity is desirable
- Security and Firewall technologies
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot complex Network problems
- hands on experience with Ixia and/or Spirient tools is desirable
You are required to have a great interpersonal communication skills, be able to articulate complex concepts in easy-to-understand language and lead/ a member of a team of engineers through challenging and complex projects. Typically requires BS plus 3-5+ yrs related experience, or a MS with 1-3 years of related experience.