Manager, Investigate Product
Description de l'offre
- Location:San Francisco, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
- Job Id1232209
The Business Entity
To help the world connect with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime.
We have never been afraid to do things differently, and that includes our approach to security. The traditional collect and react model cannot keep up with today's rapidly evolving threats and ingenious attackers. We have developed a new strategy. Utilizing our global network, which sees 2% of the world's Internet requests, we have engineered a predictive security solution that anticipates and stops malicious activity before it threatens your network. While the rise of the roaming workforce has eroded the traditional network perimeter, Umbrella by Cisco/OpenDNS has you covered. It works anywhere, across any port, protocol, or app - and because Umbrella is delivered via the cloud, it is lightning-fast and easily scalable.
OpenDNS is seeking a can-do engineering manager with excellent communication to expand our industry-leading security intelligence platform. Working closely with your development team, researchers and product management you will bring your years of security industry expertise to build new features, threat intelligence systems and improve our existing platform.
Our researchers are always innovating, implementing new methods to automate and deliver predictive, proactive protection against tomorrows web-based threats. Under your guidance, your team will bring this intelligence to our product line using industry best practices: ensuring quality, scalability and performance.
Role and Responsibilities
* Hire, mentor and develop your team
* Build and maintain our threat protection systems
* Work closely with your product manager to develop new features in our Investigate product
* Participate in local development community contributing to developer blogs and meet-ups.
* Perform code reviews, guide architectural decisions and provide project status updates
* Bachelor's degree in CS/related field or commensurate experience
* 3+ years experience managing direct reports
* Experience building systems that automate detection of web based threats
* In-depth knowledge of malware families, infection vectors and threat actor infrastructure
* Experience programming in Java as well as Python, Ruby, Perl or similar scripting language
* Experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop / HBase / Kafka)
* Excellent Linux administration skills
* Agile software development implementation experience
* Reverse Engineering skills (IDA, Ollydbg or similar)
* Working with continuous integration and automated testing systems
* Experience building RESTful APIs in a production environment
* Experience with deploying software with Jenkins and Puppet
* Experience deploying infrastructure in AWS (EC2, ELB, VPCs)
* In-Depth knowledge of DNS and HTTP proxies
* Experience with virus analysis, malware analysis and honeypots
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
#CiscoCareers is #hiring #Agile #RESTful API's #AWS (EC2, ELB, VPCs) #reverse engineering #honeypots #maleware