What You'll Do
Our IT Security team is seeking a Security Software Engineer for or our identity & access and data protection & privacy programs.
As a Security Software Engineer, you will identify, design, and build security software solutions in a global agile software development team.
- Specify, design, and build Identity Access Management (IAM) solutions and Data Protection and Privacy software capabilities.
- Partner closely with InfoSec, Compliance, and other service owners responsible for establishing governance, policies, and requirements.
- Work closely with system owners to expand security services to additional systems
- Design, code, and debug both front-end and backend interfaces
- Contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with multi-functional teams
Who You'll Work With
IT Security drives solutions for Identity and Access and Data Protection and Privacy for applications and systems for Cisco customers, partners, suppliers, and employees. We are innovating and partnering across Cisco to support our secure business digital transformation.
Who You Are
You have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. You have superb communication skills (written and oral). In addition:
- Minimum 6 years experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience with security concepts
- Basic knowledge of relational databases, data schemas, and data structures
- 3+ years of experience writing and shipping customer-facing code
- Experience with building and maintaining RESTful web services
- Deep understanding of high availability, system design, architecture, cloud technologies, databases, open source, and web technologies.
CISSP certification is a plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco