We are looking for a software engineer with to participate in a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco products.
* Design and develop software in a real-time Linux (or similar) OS environment for Cisco Security Service Platforms.
* Design and deliver system software after specification of platform requirements.
* Significantly influence the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability.
* Resolve design issues.
* Troubleshoot and resolve software defects in existing software as well as in newly developed project software.
* Define new software product features.
* Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
Required Experience and Skills:
* Solid understanding of Object Oriented design methodology. Extensive experience with C/C++ or equivalent OO languages.
* Experience in design and development of software in a real-time Linux OS environment
* Strong background in SW design specification/documentation
* Solid knowledge of CPU architecture and IO Bus Technology.
* Solid Layer 2 Switching and Networking knowledge.
* Excellent Verbal and Writing, and Professional Presentation Skills.
*MSCS/MSEE or BSEE/CS with 2+ years experience
Desired Experience and Skills
* In-Depth Knowledge and Extensive Hands-on Experience with Cisco UCS Manager Internal Architecture and Implementation.
* In-Depth Knowledge and Extensive Hands-on with Cisco Switch or UCS platforms and NX-OS
* Experience in device driver development
* Knowledge of Security Technologies - Firewall, VPN