SDWAN Customer Support Engineer
Description de l'offre
- Location:Mexico City, Mexico
- Additional Location(s)Research Triangle Park
- Area of InterestCustomer Experience
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestNetworking
- Job Id1231422
What You'll Do
Sevice Engineers provide expert level technical services on a worldwide basis both remotely and on-site for SD-WAN Solutions to Viptela customers and partners. These services cover every phase of the post-sales customer lifecycle: plan, build, and run.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Technical Services group provides support for customers around the globe. Your opportunity to impact the networks and systems that surround us all are limitless and highly impactful. Opportunities for career growth at Cisco will be bold, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
The Cisco Network SD-WAN solutions team is a dynamic group of technologists passionate about a wide variety of subjects. We love sharing our knowledge and not a day goes by where we do not learn something new from our peers. Our culture thrives on collaboration and teamwork. This small but growing team supports a diverse range of innovative products both Cisco and select partner technologies giving customers a personal single point of contact for issue resolution. Our customers bring us new and exciting challenges and we drive these cases to resolution with our passion to provide our customers with not just an answer but also the best answer, as fast as possible across many technologies.
Who You Are
- Deliver expert level technical assistance and troubleshooting for resolving critical customer hardware and software issues
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Effectively utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- Use professional expertise to identify and lead support initiatives to improve the supportability of processes and solutions
- Submit complete and correct software defect reports in his or her area of expertise
- Act as a technical expert and provides support on a worldwide basis
- Provide systems/product training both internally and externally and knowledge base material
- Document all actions taken toward resolving customer issues in customer contact tracking database
- You can handle a wide range of technical support problems—from simple application or network configuration fixes to deeply complex troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise discernment within defined procedures to figure out appropriate action
- Excellent collaboration, crisis management and communications skills
- Working with customers, you can calmly handle critical network problems and can describe complex topics in a way that is appropriate to the expertise of the customer.
- You have strong technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills and be able to resolve the root cause of network problems
- Review customer data in the form of network topologies, and crash, log, or other diagnostic files for anomalies
- You deliver solutions that lead to problem resolution or mitigation with a high level of customer satisfaction
- You are able to effectively engage resources outside their team to resolve issues which may include other technical support engineers, account teams, partners, and development engineers
- You possess a fundamental working knowledge of computer and networking industry, products and protocols including:
- WAN Architecture
- Routing Protocolssuch as BGP and OSPF
- Understanding of Linux systems
- Understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMWare and KVM
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies such as AWS, Azure, and Openstack
- Understanding of security technologies, digital certificates, X.509, IPSec, TLS, SSL
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 4-6 years related experience or MS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 2-4 years related experience
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco