Who You’ll Work With
Computers around the world communicatetoour Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud billions of times a day. They rely on the AMP product to protect them against advanced forms of malware. The difficulty of malware detection can vary from sample to sample. For an example, some viruses generate unique binaries with different behaviors on every machine they infect. It may only become clear after a few days that a program or behavior was malicious.
The team is responsible for running malware identification on incoming event data streams, storing and indexing that data. Data is indexed both for future detailed investigations of malware incidents, and to retrospectively detect previously unidentified malware in stored data.
Do you love working with such technologies suchas:Kafka, Cassandra, Storm, Flink, and Amazon Web Services? If so, this isplacefor you! We drive forsub secondprocessing latencies in our streaming platforms and databases as they handle data volumes of >100TB/month and growing.
What You’ll do
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Computer Scientist, or Data Engineer who will help maintain and scale our infrastructure as the business grows. You will be tasked with:
- Making server-side code changes for new features
- Development and maintenance of research tools.
- Ensuring new code meets strict security requirements and writing supporting documentation
- Assisting with transitioning new proof-of-concept detections from our researchers into a production environment.
- Supporting continuous monitoring and audit requirements
- Assisting with production issues as necessary
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, results driven, and engaged. You are passionate about back-end development and enjoy collaborating in a team based environment. You do not back down when faced with complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Physics
- Enjoy writing server-side code and unit tests
- Knowledge of algorithmic complexity
- Ability to debug, diagnose, and resolve occasional production problems
- Have four or more years of experience developing in object-oriented Ruby, Java, JRuby and Scala
- Experience with Linux command-line and system administration basics: ssh, permissions, packages, log files, &c.
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience detecting malware in event streams
- Experience with distributed systems architecture
- Able to smash the stack, use heap sprays, &c., to control EIP
- Production experience with streaming platforms like Storm and Flink
- Production experience with distributed databases like Mongo and Cassandra
- Open-source contributions
- Peer-reviewed publications
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will influence everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.