Customer Support Engineer - Security
Description de l'offre
- Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Area of InterestCustomer Experience
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestNetworking, Security
- Job Id1234854
What You'll Do
All CMS team members are expected to add value in the following areas:
Understand and meet customer agreements (SLO/SLA/commitments)
·Follow and participate in the improvement of established team processes
·Identify and adhere to cost reduction measures
·Accountable for following established team processes
·Understand ITIL framework (Event, Incident, Change & Problem Management)
·Collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams
·Maintaining knowledge required to perform role effectively
·Participate in regular synch ups
·Actively share / develop innovation and automations for continued improvement
Specific to the role of Proactive Problem Manager, responsibilities may include:
·Proactive with Data-Focus
·Design, create, and implement Proactive Health Checks IAW customer requirements and CMS standards
·Predictive Problem Management - Conduct Data Analysis and advise support team and customer of anticipated future problems proactively
·Data Analytics - Identify incident trends, drive the reduction of incidents by analyzing monthly alarm and ticket data, investigating and resolving problems
·Provide Customer and Technology trending analysis and reporting
·Investigate and drive optimization opportunities related to Ticket Enrichment Automation
·Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Automated and Manual Proactive Checks
·Work closely with the team Operations Manager and Incident Manager to assist with creation and CSI for Problem Management related processes
·Provide technical leadership, guidance, and training to less experienced engineers.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco & Managed Services team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and cloud enabled end point products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to resolve issues.
Who You Are
You are detail oriented and organized. You work well with others and are truly a team player. Drawing conclusions from multiple data points is in your DNA. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are able to see the big picture even when analyzing multiple complex factors under pressure. You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of Problem Management.
·AA/BA in a technical discipline plus 5-10 years of experience in a Network Operations Centre or Technical Assistance Centre
·Strong technical experience with Cisco security products
·2-5 years' experience in a Problem Management role
- Excellent understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Configuring, Upgrade & Maintaining Firewall, IDS/IPS platforms.
- Setup and managed Site-to-site IPSec VPN Tunnels.
- Monitors system resource allocation and utilization.
- Firewall rule creation, migrations, and re-certification.
- Design, setting engineering standards, Configure, administer, and document firewall infrastructure.
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization of firewalls and firewall policy's.
- Experience with Implementation and build of firewalls from scratch
- Experience working on Firewall Rule base analyzers and optimization approaches.
- In depth understanding of Network ports, NAT, PAT and Access Lists.
- Possesses utmost troubleshooting skills in the areas of security and networking.
- Ability to take and read packet level network traces.
- Strong IDS/IPS investigative, troubleshooting and analysis expertise.
- Experience in IT Security assessments, implementing new security solutions & systems such as IPS, IDS, and
- Experience with troubleshooting and investigating device and networking issues methodologies.
- Experience with trend analysis based on security baselines.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure small to medium networks.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload while managing customer commitments.
- Strong written/verbal communications skillset
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Working, demonstrated hands-on product and technology skills mentioned above in several of the following areas (more a plus):
• Checkpoint Firewalls
• Juniper Firewalls
• Fortinet Firewalls
• TippingPoint (Trend Micro) IDS/IPS
• Juniper IDS
• Citrix WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
• Firemon Security Management Suite
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.