Start date: 1st of March 2019
Why you will love Cisco:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give you smart cities, connected cars and hospitals. Cisco didn't just build the Internet. We keep building it. We believe our innovation and our edge comes from our people.
- Ranked in the top 30 best places to work globally by both Fortune and LinkedIn, you'll be joining a world recognised brand with a great reputation.
- Cisco has a strong culture of openness, trust and fun. You'll be working with some of the best brains in the business in a supportive, connected and technologically advanced environment.Check out our People Deal manifesto!
- Our employees have great work-life balance and celebrate their birthdays on Cisco! This means that you will be able to take your own birthday day off and enjoy an extra day's holiday.
- Work for the benefit of everyone. All our employees receive 5 days a year to pursue voluntary causes they are passionate about through our ‘Time2Give' initiative.
- We ensure you are recognised for you contribution to Cisco through bonus schemes and our reward program ‘Connected Recognition'.
Associate Security Consulting Engineer:
For your first 6 months of your career you'll join a team of graduates from all over Europe at our training hub in Krakow Poland. This is a great time for you to network with and learn from your peers, and to have lots of fun. Your training is a unique blend of classroom based lectures, lab work, shadowing and job rotation and you will be able to acquire Cisco Industry certifications. You will then return to your country of application to start an exciting career as an Associate Security Consulting Engineer. There will be a strong emphasis on customer interaction – answering questions, providing technical recommendations and advice, uncovering unmet needs through consultation. You will continue developing through constant learning opportunities, keeping informed about the latest trends within technology and resolving customer issues through your own research and study. When working with customers you will be responsible for installing, configuring and integrating new security solutions and applications for your clients. You'll have the opportunity to build and test your configurations and designs in Cisco labs. There will be plenty of opportunity to travel and you will need to meet and influence customers face to face.
Who You Are:
- You have minimum BSc/BA from a 3-4 year program in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- You are interested in the overall security aspects of IT, and more specifically in the challenges and technologies relevant to securing network communications.
- You are able to live and work in the Country of your application with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
- You areeasily communicating inEnglish (Dutch and French are additional assets)
- A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
- A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
- View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
- Enjoy looking at practical real life challenges and think creatively to solve them.
- Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.
Cisco are always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises a Cisco representative can contact you directly.
Are you ready to change the World?
Make your mark on the businesses of the future and apply now at jobs.cisco.com.